Nominate a Site
Since April 2013, the British Library has begun to archive the whole of the UK web domain under the terms of the Non-Print Legal Deposit Regulations 2013. This is done in an automated way, typically once a year.
We will be archiving sites:
- that are issued from a .uk or other UK geographic top-level domain, or;
- where part of the publishing process takes place in the UK;
We will not be archiving:
- sites concerning film and recorded sound where the audio-visual content predominates (but, for example, web pages containing video clips alongside text or images are within scope);
- private intranets and emails;
- personal data in social networking sites or that are only available to restricted groups.
We would like to hear from YOU if you own or know of a site that fits these criteria but that does not have a web address that ends with .uk.
You can also use this form to let us know about a site which may be about to go offline.