Links to other web archives
A range of organisations archive websites, each with particular strengths. This page summarises those with a British interest and suggests others further afield.
- The site you are viewing now
- Collections are from 2004 onwards
- Sites reflect the rich diversity of lives and interests throughout the UK
- Access by Title, Full Text and URL and browse by Special Collection, Subject and Title
- Members of the public can nominate sites to be included
Several of the individual contributors have policies on the kinds of website they are collecting, including:
- Collects a selection of European domain sites, including UK central government for the The National Archives
- Access is by browse, URL and full text search
- US body
- Has been archiving in many countries since 1996
- Includes many UK websites, though not always in depth
- Search is by URL
- Samples of UK central government websites from c.2000 onwards, collected by European Archive
- Search is by URL or browse named Collections
A select list of web archives from across the world.
Access for researchers only, with prior permission from the Danish Data Protection Agency.
- Internet Memory Foundation
Collects a selection of European domain sites, including UK central government for the The National Archives
- National Library of Finland Web Archive
Access at reading rooms only, but index available online.
- Bibliothèque nationale de France
Access at reading rooms only
- Portuguese Web Archive