19th Century English Literature
Resources relating to 19th century English literature and literary figures. It includes websites devoted to author societies, themed events, anniversary and other news coverage, adaptations, interpretations, museums and fan sites, as well as academic sites.
- BBC News: The story of a Victorian genius
- BBC News: Vanity Fair filming begins in Bath
- BBC News: Were the 'mad' heroines of literature really sane?
- BBC News: Why heroines die in classic fiction
- BBC News: Women 'haunted' by Victorian novels
- Blog of Bosh, A: The Edward Lear Homepage
- British Association for Romantic Studies
- British Association for Victorian Studies
- British Library Blogs: Some gratuitous Christmas illustrations
- British Library Blogs: Sweeney Todd - a heart warming tale?
- Brontë Parsonage & Bronte Society, The
- Byron Society, The
- Charlotte Mary Yonge Fellowship
- Charlotte Yonge Letters
- Chawton House Library
- Corvey Women Writers on the Web (CW3)
- Crew of the S.S. May Day, The
- Dracula in Whitby
- Dracula Society, The
Please send your comments and suggestions about sites archived by British Library to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search results tips
Tips with icons open and close on click.
If you don't find what you are looking for
If you have tried various search methods and have not found the website you are looking for, it may be that the UK Web Archive has not yet archived it. This may be because it is out of scope or technically not achievable: typically a non-UK website or a database driven one, or a site generating dynamic web pages or operating the "robots.text exclusion" (a technical setting that excludes it being archived). In that case, first try other web archives. You may also nominate the website for the UK Web Archive. Finally you may with to contact the UK Web Archive for help.