19th Century English Literature
Resources relating to 19th century English literature and literary figures. It includes websites devoted to author societies, themed events, anniversary and other news coverage, adaptations, interpretations, museums and fan sites, as well as academic sites.
- 1000 Schools for 1000 Girls
- BBC News: A E Housman's 150th anniversary
- BBC News: 'Alice' author exposed
- BBC News: Alice: Through a looking-glass darkly
- BBC News: Arthur Conan Doyle's debut 'to make £400,000'
- BBC News: Artist Stella Vine to help Bronte church
- BBC News: Author Welsh's 'debt' to Austen
- BBC News: Bronte painting withdrawn from sale in Northamptonshire
- BBC News: Charlotte Brontë 'poisoned sisters'
- BBC News: Director Nair's Vanity project
- BBC News: 'Emily Bronte portrait' goes for £4,600 at auction
- BBC News: Fight to buy £1m Hardy collection
- BBC News: Is Alice in Wonderland really about drugs?
- BBC News: Jane Austen - why the fuss?
- BBC News: Lottery saves literary who's who
- BBC News: Man claims Bronte portrait find
- BBC News: Mystery of 'missing' Holmes books solved
- BBC News: On the trail of the real Pied Piper
- BBC News: Poet's birthplace goes on sale
- BBC News: Sherlock Holmes and his fight to the death
Please send your comments and suggestions about sites archived by British Library to email@example.com
Search results tips
Tips with icons open and close on click.
If you don't find what you are looking for
If you have tried various search methods and have not found the website you are looking for, it may be that the UK Web Archive has not yet archived it. This may be because it is out of scope or technically not achievable: typically a non-UK website or a database driven one, or a site generating dynamic web pages or operating the "robots.text exclusion" (a technical setting that excludes it being archived). In that case, first try other web archives. You may also nominate the website for the UK Web Archive. Finally you may with to contact the UK Web Archive for help.