Spending Cuts 2010: Impact on Social Welfare
This is a collection of selected websites archived from May 2010 onwards focusing on the impacts of the public spending cuts implemented by the Coalition Government following the 2010 General Election. The collection contains UK central and local government sites, public policy documents and responses, news and commentary, and relevant pages from the sites of think tanks, charities, pressure and protest groups, individual anti-cuts campaigners and trade unions.
- Academies Saying No
- Anarchist Federation
- Association of Teachers and Lecturers
- A World to Win
- Barnet Alliance for Public Services
- BBC Blogs: Nick Robinson's Newslog: Is Cameron's Big Society in Trouble
- BBC News: £180m bursary scheme replaces EMA
- BBC News: Anti-cuts demo unrest sees 149 charged
- BBC News: Anti-cuts march: Anger amid the carnival
- BBC News: Archbishop of Canterbury criticises coalition policies
- BBC News: Are public sector pensions unaffordable?
- BBC News: Authors join day of protest at library cuts
- BBC News: Autumn Statement 2012
- BBC News: Autumn Statement: Benefit squeeze as economy slows
- BBC News: Beds Herts & Bucks: Buckinghamshire Library Emptied in Cuts Protest
- BBC News: Benefits cap - A tale of two moralities
- BBC News: Birmingham City Council care funding cuts unlawful
- BBC News: Bishops Lydeard volunteers frustrated by library takeover delays
- BBC News: Brent library campaigners lose court bid against closures
- BBC News: Budget 2011
Please send your comments and suggestions about sites archived by British Library to email@example.com
Search results tips
Tips with icons open and close on click.
If you don't find what you are looking for
If you have tried various search methods and have not found the website you are looking for, it may be that the UK Web Archive has not yet archived it. This may be because it is out of scope or technically not achievable: typically a non-UK website or a database driven one, or a site generating dynamic web pages or operating the "robots.text exclusion" (a technical setting that excludes it being archived). In that case, first try other web archives. You may also nominate the website for the UK Web Archive. Finally you may with to contact the UK Web Archive for help.