Olympic & Paralympic Games 2012
The Olympic and Paralympic Games are the largest sporting event in the world; each event necessitating years of planning, international co-operation and vast financial resources. At the International Olympics Committee in Singapore July 2005 it was announced that London would host the Games in 2012. Hosting the Games will be a huge challenge for London and for the UK. The websites in this collection have been selected to reflect all aspects of the 2012 Games including the social and economic impact as well as the event itself. The collection includes websites of official bodies, relevant local councils, opinion forums and company websites. Sites will continue to be gathered up to and beyond the Olympics 2012.
- Martin Stamper Great Britain Taekwondo Player
- Martyn Rooney
- Mary King Eventer
- Mayor of Hertford - The blog of the Mayor of Hertford
- Mayor of London blog
- Mayor of London Presents A Summer Like No Other 2012
- McDonalds and the Olympic Games
- #media2012 - the Citizen news wire for the London 2012 Olympic & Parlympic Games
- Medical News Today: Epilepsy Action Statement On 2012 Olympics Brand
- Medway 2012
- Metropolitan Police Service
- Mo Farah
- More than Gold
- Mumsnet: Talk - Am I being unreasonable to get narked with people spelling 'Paralympics' as 'Paraolympics'?
- Museum of London Your 2012
- Museums, Libraries and Archives Council: Cultural Olympiad 2012
- Natasha Baker Para Dressage
- Natasha Jonas
- National Small-bore Rifle Association (NSRA): London Olympics 2012
- New Civil Engineer (NCE)
Please send your comments and suggestions about sites archived by British Library to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search results tips
Tips with icons open and close on click.
If you don't find what you are looking for
If you have tried various search methods and have not found the website you are looking for, it may be that the UK Web Archive has not yet archived it. This may be because it is out of scope or technically not achievable: typically a non-UK website or a database driven one, or a site generating dynamic web pages or operating the "robots.text exclusion" (a technical setting that excludes it being archived). In that case, first try other web archives. You may also nominate the website for the UK Web Archive. Finally you may with to contact the UK Web Archive for help.