Olympic & Paralympic Games 2012
The Olympic and Paralympic Games are the largest sporting event in the world; each event necessitating years of planning, international co-operation and vast financial resources. At the International Olympics Committee in Singapore July 2005 it was announced that London would host the Games in 2012. Hosting the Games will be a huge challenge for London and for the UK. The websites in this collection have been selected to reflect all aspects of the 2012 Games including the social and economic impact as well as the event itself. The collection includes websites of official bodies, relevant local councils, opinion forums and company websites. Sites will continue to be gathered up to and beyond the Olympics 2012.
- London Borough of Havering (Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012)
- London Borough of Newham
- London Borough of Newham Olympics Site
- London Borough of Redbridge
- London Councils: Culture, Tourism and 2012
- London Development Agency (LDA)
- london.gov.uk - Mayor of London, the London Assembly and the Greater London Authority
- Londonist: Olympic News Round-Up
- London Legacy Development Corporation
- London Olympic Brand...they're right, it is crap!
- London Revolution 2012
- London Thames Gateway: Olympic Arc
- Louis Smith
- Luke Patience and Stuart Bithell
- Lydia Leith: Olympic and Diamond Jubilee Sick Bags
- Mandeville Legacy
- Mara Yamauchi Official Blog
- Mark Colbourne Cycling
- Marlon Devonish
Please send your comments and suggestions about sites archived by British Library to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search results tips
Tips with icons open and close on click.
If you don't find what you are looking for
If you have tried various search methods and have not found the website you are looking for, it may be that the UK Web Archive has not yet archived it. This may be because it is out of scope or technically not achievable: typically a non-UK website or a database driven one, or a site generating dynamic web pages or operating the "robots.text exclusion" (a technical setting that excludes it being archived). In that case, first try other web archives. You may also nominate the website for the UK Web Archive. Finally you may with to contact the UK Web Archive for help.