The year 2009 marked the 200th anniversary of the birth of evolutionary biologist Charles Darwin and the 150th anniversary of the publication of his seminal work, 'On the Origin of Species'. A series of events was held globally to celebrate the 'Year of Darwin 2009' and to promote science in general. This collection of websites was selected around this theme.
- British Library, The: The Folio Society Gallery - Darwin and the Book that Shocked the World
- Charles Darwin in Europe, Clare Hall, University of Cambridge
- Charles Darwin of Gower Street, University College London (UCL)
- Complete Work of Charles Darwin Online, The
- Complete works of Charles Darwin online
- Darwin Correspondence Online Database
- Darwin Correspondence Project
- Earthworm Research Group, University of Central Lancashire
- Ian Ramsey Centre, Oxford
- Michael Stimpson
- Oxford University Museum of Natural History (OUMNH): Zoology - Darwin database
- Peter D. A. Boyd
- Shrewsbury School: Charles Darwin
- Susie Zamit
- Theos Think Tank
- United Visual Artists (UVA): Natural History Museum - Darwin's Canopy Exhibition
- Wellcome Trust: Tree of Life
- Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service: Dreams of Science - the life of Charles Darwin in the Russian imagination
Please send your comments and suggestions about sites archived by British Library to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search results tips
Tips with icons open and close on click.
If you don't find what you are looking for
If you have tried various search methods and have not found the website you are looking for, it may be that the UK Web Archive has not yet archived it. This may be because it is out of scope or technically not achievable: typically a non-UK website or a database driven one, or a site generating dynamic web pages or operating the "robots.text exclusion" (a technical setting that excludes it being archived). In that case, first try other web archives. You may also nominate the website for the UK Web Archive. Finally you may with to contact the UK Web Archive for help.